Bran and Fig Cookies
photo by Jenny Sanders
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- If necessary, soak the figs in boiling water for a few minutes to soften them.
- Drain them and chop them when cool enough to handle.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar.
- Beat in the egg and milk.
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Stir them in, with the chopped figs.
- Scoop out onto lightly buttered cookie sheets, and press down lightly with a wet fork.
- I use a small melon baller for evenly sized cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Jenny posted this recipe on the boards in response to a request I made for nutritious and high fibre snacks for my terminally ill MIL. I didn't have figs on hand, so I asked if I could substitute dates, raisins or prunes and received an affirmative answer. Not to get carried away, but I decided to use all three and the results were wonderful. I took about half of them to MIL and kept half of them for us. They were so easy to make and every pan turned out beautifully! Thank you for posting this recipe at my request Jenny!!! Btw, MIL thanks you too! :-)