1/1 Photo of Braised Short Ribs in Vegetable Ragout
3 hrs 20 mins
A great way to use up all the veggies in your refridgerator and end up with a delicious and hearty meal. I make this with pantry standards like onions, carrots and garlic but anything you have handy (mushrooms, celery, etc) will just add more depth to this dish. So with just a little involved prep time you can walk away for 2 hours and feed your family something everyone will enjoy any time of the year! And this meal is even more yummy the next day so don't hesitate to make it ahead for a future dinner...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 275 degrees.
- 2In a large, oven-safe dutch oven or heavy bottomed pot, heat the olive oil on medium-high heat.
- 3Season short ribs generously with kosher salt, black pepper and ground thyme on all sides.
- 4In the olive oil, sear the short ribs in batches. About 3 minutes on each side. Transfer ribs to a plate and set aside.
- 5Lower heat to medium and add garlic and onions. Saute for 4 minutes to soften.
- 6Add carrots and bay leaf and continue to saute for 3 minutes more. If using other vegetables, add them to the pan now and saute for as long is necessary.
- 7Add the white wine to the pan and stir to combine ingredients. About 2 minutes.
- 8Add short ribs and drippings to the pan. Bury the ribs deep into the vegetable mixture and add chicken broth. Cover with a lid.
- 9Bring pot to a boil and place inside pre-heated oven for 2 hours.
- 10Serve with mashed potatoes or buttered egg noodles and enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Braised Short Ribs in Vegetable Ragout
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1061.5
- Calories from Fat 835
- Total Fat 92.8 g
- Saturated Fat 37.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.3 mg
- Sodium 2035.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 35.0 g