Recipe by lazyme
This looks like it would be very good. From The Weight Watchers Complete Cookbook & Program Basics cookbook.
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 medium tomatoes
- 20 ounces pork loin chops, with bone
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 orange, zest of, grated
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes or 1 pinch ground red pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice or 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons apple juice or 3 tablespoons apple cider
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak onion in cold water 30 minutes.
- Drain and chop finely.
- Chop tomato; drain in wire mesh strainer or colander 30 minutes.
- Season chops with salt and pepper.
- To prepare onion salsa, in large bowl, combine onion, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, orange juice, orange zest, ginger and red pepper flakes; reserve.
- In a 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over high heat.
- When hot, add chops and brown quickly on both sides, about 1–1 1/2 minutes each side.
- Add apple juice, cover and lower heat to medium-low.
- Braise 15–20 minutes, until chops are tender and fully cooked, turning chops several times.
- Remove chops; turn up heat to reduce liquid.
- Pour sauce over chops; top with onion salsa.
- EACH SERVING PROVIDES: 1 Fat, 1/4 Fruit, 3/4 Vegetable, 3 Proteins.
- PER SERVING: 239 Calories, 25 g Protein, 11 g Fat, 9 g Carbohydrate, 67 mg Sodium, 67 mg Cholesterol, 1 g Dietary Fiber; 5 points.