Recipe by Abby Girl
The smells coming from this dish are divine. By preparing this the night before, it makes dinnertime a snap, I just add a salad and some bread to soak up the juices.
Top Review by leslieruns
The recipe is fantastic! Favors are well balanced. The aroma while cooking is awesome. I highly recommend making sure you use fresh ingredients like garlic and rosemary, it made a difference. My only critique is that the recipe does not require 12 hours of cooking. After 5 hours on high in the crock pot, this recipe was falling off the bone tender. I'd say 6 hours on high max. I'll be making this dish many more times.
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard (heaping)
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 small lamb shanks
- 1 head garlic, peeled, minced
- 2 medium onions, coarsely copped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped (heaping)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the red wine, Dijon mustard, salt, pepper in a small dish. Place the lamb shanks in the crock pot.
- Scatter the remaining ingredients around and on top of the shanks. Cover and cook on high for 6 hours. Use tongs to reverse the position of the shanks, top to bottom. Reduce the setting to low and cook for an additional 6 hours.
- Using a slotted spoon to transfer the shanks to a serving platter. Skim the fat from the cooking juices, taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Pour the juices over the shanks, and serve.