Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Adapted from a soy sauce site.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, chopped
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cream
- In a medium frying pan, heat the olive oil. Add shallots, ginger and mushrooms; saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, chives, milk and cream.
- Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Serve immediately.
Lovely taste but very very rich! I had this as a main over some sushi rice and as lovely as it was I just couldn't finish it! I used a mix of button, chestnut and a few shiitake I had lying around, the only change I made was I probably cooked mine for a little longer than the instructions but that was the only thing I changed. For those who are health concious I used skimmed milk which worked fine.
I'm not counting DH review of the recipe because what does he know. I loved the flavor of these mushrooms (he didn't like the gingerroot)The combination was just excellent. I used shiitake mushrooms and halved the recipe for the two of us. thanks Sharon