Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
A creamy, tasty, easy to put together pasta dish featuring mushrooms, proscuitto and peas cooked together with a light Romano cheese sauce. Enjoy!
- 8 ounces uncooked bow tie pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups thin sliced fresh mushrooms (8 oz)
- 1 cup chopped prosciutto or 1 cup ham
- 3⁄4 cup light cream
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup grated romano cheese
- Cook pasta and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter and add mushrooms and proscuitto.
- Cook 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Add light cream and heat ALMOST to boiling.
- Add peas and heat thru.
- Toss with hot pasta and Romano cheese.
Made as directed. Too rich for my taste, but DH liked it.
So simple! I really liked how quick this was to prepare. I will add some fresh garlic next time when cooking the prosciutto and mushrooms just to give it a little bit stronger flavor. I did add some salt and garlic powder when mixing it all together at the end and it was great!
Delightful! I substituted fusilli pasta for the bow ties and made the rest of the recipe as directed. Very easy to prepare and I know we will have this again! Thanks, Marie : )