Bow Ties With Basil Cream Sauce, Peas and Prosciutto
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces bow tie pasta
- 12 ounces fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 2 ounces prosciutto, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Cook bow ties according to package directions and drain.
- While pasta is cooking, stir together the evaporated milk and flour, then add basil and garlic.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute, then add peas, prosciutto and Parmesan cheese.
- Stir until cheese is melted, but do not boil.
- Pour over cooked pasta and toss gently to coat.
- Sprinkle with additional Parmesan, if desired.
- Adjust salt and pepper seasonings to taste and garnish with additional fresh basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York. I am retired and now have time to enjoy my children, my grandchildren and great grandchildren.