Recipe by Eldeevee
I found this on the internet and it is a great company meal. Every time I have made this I have been asked for the recipe.
Top Review by mickeydownunder
OK, this recipe is great,
HOW it jumped out at me is FATE!
I too used combined chive cream cheese as a sauce,
This would be good for entertaining as appetizer or main course,
Added some cooked pancetta to the sauce, as WHO doesn't love bacon too,
Carved chicken breasts into slices for presentation, TRUE!
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (150 g) package boursin cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 (284 ml) can chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut any bits of fat or skin off chicken breasts.
- Lay breasts flat on cutting board and make a small pocket on the side.
- Stuff each breast with a quarter of the cheese. Coat each breast completely with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise.
- Place chopped pistachios on a plate and press each breast into the pistachios to coat completely.
- Lay the chicken on a baking sheet and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until interior temperature reads 160°F
- Serve with white wine sauce.
- White Wine Sauce:.
- In a heavy saucepan, melt butter and saute onion until translucent.
- Add wine, and boil on medium heat until more than half of the wine has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken broth and boil again until half the stock has evaporated, stirring occasionally.
- Add heavy cream and boil until half the liquid has evaporated, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Serve with chicken.