Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
i lost this recipe and just found it again. wonderful for the holidays
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
- 1 pie shell, uncooked
- 5 ounces milk chocolate pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the corn syrup, eggs and butter and whisk briskly.
- Add the brown sugar and mix well.
- Add vanilla,bourbon, salt and pecans.
- mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the pie shell and drop in the chocolate pieces.
- Wrap a piece of foil around the edge of the pie to help keep the crust from over browning, and place in the oven on a small sheet pan for about one hour until the filling is set and the top is golden brown.
- Best served at room temperature or warmed slightly in the microwave.
Oh yes, this is good! I have made pecan pie with kahlua, but not with bourbon. It is not as sweet, but definately sweet enough. Perfect for the holidays!