Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
An awesome sauce that's terrific on bread pudding, ice cream, cake, etc...
- Set-up a pan (see note) on the stove with about 1" of water-- heat till shimmering (right below boiling point) Note: The bowl of your stand mixer (or your mixing bowl if using a hand mixer) needs to fit into the pan without touching water.
- Combine eggs and sugar and salt in the bowl of an electric mixer (or your mixing bowl if using a hand mixer)
- Heat to 165F over shimmering water while whisking gently, but constantly.
- Don't mix too hard at this point or it will take too long to heat.
- Place bowl in mixer and with whisk attachment beat until thick and cool.
- Gently mix in extract and liquor.
- Serve at room temperature over bread pudding, ice cream, cake, biscuits, etc.