These I make my request of my sis Lydia. Her favorite! I've also use walnuts. The food processor make this so very easy!
- Place wafers and pecans in food processor and pulse till crumbly.
- Add remaining ingredients and pulse till smooth.
- Shape into balls about 1 inch in diameter.
- Roll in powdered sugar and chill.
- This mixture is sticky, so keep finger and palms of hands dusted with sugar while shaping cookies.
- It helps if hands and kitchen is cool.
These were totally awesome! They went like hotcakes at my office party today. I used food service gloves when I made the cookies into balls--voila! no sticking! After I chilled them for about an hour, I re-rolled them in the powdered sugar, as the powdered sugar from the first roll got absorbed. They were much better after sitting overnight in the fridge. I got 34 1" rum balls out of the recipe.
Super good and so easy! I made these ahead of time and allowed them to sit in the fridge in a sealed container for 3 days before handing them out to my friends and family...Lots of requests for more! <br/><br/>Thanks for this easy and delicious recipe.
All I have to say is MMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!
I did not find they needed to mellow, they were fine as is. I also didn't experience the dough sticking to my hands.