Viennese Coffee Balls (No Bake)
photo by Julie Bs Hive
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 cups shortbread cookies, crushed
- 1 1⁄4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant coffee crystals or 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 -5 4 -5 tablespoons strong coffee or 4 -5 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- sifted confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Combine crushed cookies, the 1 1/4 cups confectioners' sugar, the nuts, cocoa powder, coffee crystals and cinnamon.
- Add brewed espresso, coffee or water, using just enough to moisten.
- Form mixture into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Roll balls generously in the 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar.
- Place balls on a sheet of waxed paper; let stand until dry (about 1 hour).
- Before serving, roll balls again in confectioners' sugar, if desired.
- To store: Place in layers separated by waxed paper in an airtight container; cover.
- Store at room temperature for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These cookies are very good. Not too sweet. The coffee comes through quite well. I can't wait to try this with leftover Trefoil cookies. I have also added this to my Girl Scout Cookbook as a recipe for the girls to handout with their boxes. I really enjoyed these nobake treats. Made and Reviewed for Comfort Cafe - Java Jolt - Thanks! :)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I want to thank all of you who review the recipes I post - good or bad. It's always good to get feedback and helpful tips and I really appreciate them all! I try to send a note when someone reviews one of my recipes, but I don't always get the chance. Please know that I really enjoy reading the reviews. I also love all the photos everyone posts, too! Thanks so much. Happy Cooking!