- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) jar pineapple preserves
- 1⁄3 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- In large bowl, combine all meatball ingredients, mix well.
- Shape mixture into 1 1/4-inch meatballs.
- Place in ungreased 15 x 10 x1-inch baking pan. Bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, ombine all sauce ingredients and mix well.
- Cook over low heat until mixture is bubbly, stirring frequently.
- Add cooked meatballs to sauce, stir gently to coat. Makes 48 meatballs.