Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is based on a recipe from a Best Recipes recipe booklet, The Muffin Cookbook. It credits the American Egg Board for this recipe. I just love these!
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 236.59 ml prepackaged mixed dried fruit, diced into bits (4 ounces)
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 6 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 78.07 ml rolled oats
- Stir together flour, baking powder and spice in small bowl. In separate small bowl, toss fruit with 1 tablespoon of the flour mixture. Set both bowls aside.
- Add butter and sugar to large bowl and and beat at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat eggs in, one at a time, until well blended. Beat in vanilla.
- At low speed, beat in reserved flour mixture gradually until just blended. Stir in reserved fruit and oats.
- Line 12 (2 1/2-inch) muffin cups with paper baking cups. Fill each cup a scant 1/3 cup full with batter.
- Bake in preheated 350° oven 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pan. Cool on wire rack.
Wonderful recipe. Cut the recipe in half and baked as directed using the toaster oven. Of course the flavour will be different depending on what type of dried fruit you use. I used diced fruit mix that you normally use for fruit cakes. Turned out fantastic. I also doubled the amount of spice. Personal choice. These are not heavy, but they are filling. I'll certainly be making these again. Thanks mersaydees for a terrific addition to my muffin file. Made for the Auzzie/NZ Recipe Swap #25