Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This recipe was given to me by an elderly lady who was a legendary hostess in her time. She said it came from a famous club and it was very difficut to wrangle the recipe from the chef, but now the secret is out! Delicious!
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato juice
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup Pickapeppa Sauce
- 1 quart water
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 green pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 head celery, tops (finely chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 30 minute.
- Strain and chill.