Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
A christmas eve soup for a meal starter. Puts me in mind of Egg Drop soup. A soupsong soup.
- 3 1⁄2 cups good quality dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 4 egg yolks
- Pour 3 cups of the wine and the water into a saucepan with the sugar, cloves, and cinnamon and bring to a boil.
- While the soup is heating, beat the egg yolks with the remaining wine until creamy. When the soup is at a boil, dip a cup of it, little by little, into the egg yolk mixture, beating constantly so the egg yolks don't curdle.
- Incorporate another cup of the hot liquid into the eggs, then beat the eggs into the remaining soup.
- Stir constantly while reheating and let the soup thicken a bit, then strain. Ladle into small elegant bowls, and serve immediately.