Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Both borage flowers and leaves are edible. Because it is a tonic plant for the adrenal glands, borage provides an invaluable support for a stressful lifestyle. Borage is rich in minerals, especially potassium. Courtesy of The Herb Cookery, Texas, The Herb Purveyor by Barbara Scoggins, 1992
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup borage, flowers and young leaves chopped
- 4 slices bread, with crusts removed
- Combine first 2 ingredients in a bowl, spread 1/4 on each slice of bread.
- Cut each slice diagonally into quarters, forming four triangles per slice.
- Serve open-faced.