Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A comfort food.
- 1⁄2 onion, medium-size,chopped
- 2 tablespoons salad oil
- 1 cup rice, brown,uncooked
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup lentils, uncooked
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, seasoned
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- Saute onion in oil in large skillet until soft.
- Add rice; cook, stirring, several minutes.
- Combine tomato paste, water, cinnamon and lentils in a bowl; add to rice.
- Bring mixture to a boil; cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Stir in seasoned salt, raisins and pinenuts.
- Grease an 8-inch-square baking dish; pour in rice mixture.
- Cover and bake in preheated 350'F.
- oven 20 to 30 minutes.
This was great stuff. I made it exactly as you posted except for the salt. It is in our favorites - Thank you for the healthy, tasty keeper !
I loved it! My kids were'nt crazy about the raisins, but too bad for them. I added more lentils than the recipe says, so I added more liquid. Thanks for this one. It was great for leftovers, too.
This is very good. I made the recipe as written except after trying to find pine nuts in 4 stores, I gave up and used almonds. It was still good. I used golden raisins. I will definitely make it again, and I'll keep looking for the pine nuts! Thanks!