Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is from Weber's Big Book of Grilling. This is a tangy/spicy, not too sweet sauce. We enjoy it on ribs.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 fresh jalapeno pepper, minced
- 8 ounces dark beer
- 4 ounces Bourbon
- 1⁄2 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- In non reactive saucepan heat oil over medium low heat.
- Add onion and cool slowly until translucent.
- Add garlic, chili powder and jalapeno and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add beer, bourbon, vinegar and sugar and cook until reduced by half, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, stirring well.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.