Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This came, apparently, from one of the Bodifords. I don't know them or where I got this, but it sure sounds good. Can't wait to try it! I kept the recipe as the original author wrote it.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (your choice, reg, LF or FF)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans clams, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish (more if you like it spicier, like we do)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced (more if you like garlic...like we do)
- 1 -2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce (to taste)
- couple of dashes Tabasco sauce
- Drain the clams, saving all the juice from one can and half the juice from the other.
- Mix all the ingredients together and keep stirring until the cream cheese
- is completely mixed in -- may take awhile.
- Consistency should be thick enough to be dipped with a chip, if runny, you have added too much liquid.
- Can be served immediately, but is better if refrigerated for a couple of hours. Lets the dip firm up and really absorb the flavors.
- Serve with potato chips.
- Serves -- depends on your family! (This is my version which is somewhat doubled, because the single version didn't last but a few minutes with my family.).