Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Courtesy of Paula Deen. I made this and took it to a family gathering and they gobbled it right up. They ate it on sandwiches, on crackers, with fritos and even as a topping on a grilled black bean burger.
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 -3 tablespoons pimientos, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated onions or 1 teaspoon equivalent dried onion
- cracked black pepper
House Seasoning use 1/2 tsp
- 1 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- Beat cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- Add rest of the ingredientss and mix well.
This is a very good recipe. I added some minced jalapeno, and then stirred the pimento cheese into some hot grits for breakfast, topped with an egg. HEAVENLY! It was like cheese grits, only
to the 10th power. It's also very good on it's own.
I've never made pimento cheese this morning - had a hard time finding pimentos at the grocery store, but now that I know where they are and I have this recipe I will be making often. This was so so good.
I guess I'm the odd man out here. I found the dip to be bland. I added more pimentos, another teaspoon of salt, and more pepper before it really tasted like anything. I agree with two other reviewers--use the pimento juice and jalapenos would add needed flavor.