Top Review by Just Nora
Delicious! I did not have potatoes in the house, but I did have two 1.4 pound bags of Simply Potatoes sliced potatoes. I zapped them for a few minutes in a dish in the microwave, and used them instead of traditional peeling, boiling, slicing potatoes. It was a good speed scratch upgrade and conserved time. This recipe is delicious -- thanks for sharing it HeidiSue!
- 3 lbs new potatoes
- 1 yellow onion, quartered
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, diced (thick)
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons hot mustard
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- fresh ground black pepper
- 8 green onions, thinly sliced
- fresh parsley leaves, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Place unpeeled potatoes in a large pot with the onion and cover with water.
- Cook on the grates of the grill (the bobby flay way) or just do it on the stove (the way we do it).
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender (about 15 minutes).
- Drain and discard onions.
- When cool enough to handle cut potatoes in cubes or slices.
- Place potatoes in a large bowl and cover to keep warm.
- Place a large sauté pan on grill/stove, add the bacon and cook until crisp.
- Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel-lined plate.
- Add the red onions to the rendered bacon fat and cook until soft, 4-5 minutes.
- Carefully add the vinegar and mustard seeds and cook 2 more minutes.
- Whisk in the canola oil and hot mustard and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the potatoes to the pan of dressing and toss gently to coat.
- Fold in the green onions, parsley and bacon; season again with salt and pepper to taste.