1/4 Photos of Blushing Cranberry Cider
Baby Kato's Note:
This is a lovely hot cider...served in a warm mug and garnished with orange slices. It is a delicious treat, after spending time out in the cold.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 blood orange, blood
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice, pineapple, unsweetened
- 1 quart cranberry juice, red
- 2 cinnamon sticks, 3-inch pieces
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 2-inch piece, fresh, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 3 whole allspice, balls (not ground)
- 2 cloves, whole
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, dark brown (or to taste)
- 4 orange slices, thin (garnish)
- 1Remove two, 3-inch-long strips of peel from the orange and set aside until needed.
- 2Next juice and strain the orange.
- 3To a medium pot, add the orange, pineapple and cranberry juices, orange peel, cinnamon sticks, ginger, allspice and cloves.
- 4Make sure to sample and add the sugar if desired.
- 5Heat over medium-high heat until it starts to simmer, then reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer 30 - 45 minutes.
- 6Strain the cider, pour into warm mugs, add orange slices and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blushing Cranberry Cider
Serving Size: 1 (711 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 422.5
- Calories from Fat 6
- Total Fat 0.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 16.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 105.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 92.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: