Recipe by Baby Kato
This is a lovely hot cider...served in a warm mug and garnished with orange slices. It is a delicious treat, after spending time out in the cold.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made this for 3 of us & doubled the recipe, since I wanted a bit left over to have COLD the next day, & as much as we enjoy a hot cider, it was every bit as great tasting chilled as it had been warm! Absolutely wonderful tasting & a great keeper of a recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hits Tag]
- 1 blood orange, blood
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice, pineapple, unsweetened
- 1 quart cranberry juice, red
- 2 cinnamon sticks, 3-inch pieces
- 1 piece fresh ginger, 2-inch piece, fresh, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- 3 whole allspice, balls (not ground)
- 2 cloves, whole
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar, dark brown (or to taste)
- 4 orange slices, thin (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove two, 3-inch-long strips of peel from the orange and set aside until needed.
- Next juice and strain the orange.
- To a medium pot, add the orange, pineapple and cranberry juices, orange peel, cinnamon sticks, ginger, allspice and cloves.
- Make sure to sample and add the sugar if desired.
- Heat over medium-high heat until it starts to simmer, then reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer 30 - 45 minutes.
- Strain the cider, pour into warm mugs, add orange slices and serve immediately.