Recipe by Nonnie4Two
This is a great quick bread that I found online sometime ago and is requested often by my family. I have made this as muffins, mini loaves, in a bundt cake pan, etc and it is a very forgiving recipe. I've not used other berries, but I'm sure it would taste great.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 (12 ounce) package NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries or 1 1⁄2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Paper line 18 muffin cups.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in milk, egg, butter and lemon peel.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups morsels and blueberries.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling almost full.
- Sprinkle with Streusel Topping (directions below).
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool slightly.
- Place remaining morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH power for 30 seconds; knead.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, kneading until smooth.
- Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over muffins.
- Serve warm.
- For Streusel topping:.
- Combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup all-purpose flour and ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon in small bowl.
- Cut in 3 tablespoons butter or margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- If making in a loaf pan, grease and sugar (yes, sugar) the loaf pan and start checking for doneness at about 35 minutes.