Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
Great summer tart.
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, chilled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon ice water
- 2 1⁄2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pastry: In your food processor, place the flour, salt, and sugar and process until combined.
- Add the butter and process until the mixture resembles coarse meal
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg and vanilla. Then gradually pour in a steady stream, with the motor running, through the feed tube until the pastry just holds together when pinched.
- Transfer the pastry to an 11 inch fluted tart pan, and press evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Cover and place in the refrigerator while you prepare the blueberry topping.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F (220 degree C).
- In a large bowl combine the sugar and flour.
- Add 2 1/2 cups of fresh blueberries and toss to coat.
- Remove the chilled pastry from the refrigerator and evenly pour in the blueberry mixture. Place the tart pan on a large baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Reduce the oven and continue to bake till pastry is golden brown, roughly 30 - 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- Top with the remaining 2 1/2 cups of blueberries, pressing them gently into the hot blueberry filling.
- Let the tart cool to room temperature before serving.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with softly whipped cream or ice cream.