These are really good. Using fresh blueberries is best. Credit for this recipe goes to Paula Hadley, Forest Hill, LA, as printed in Taste of Home's Family Collection Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and.
- Gradually stir in water.
- Add blueberries and bring to boil over medium heat.
- Boil for 2 minutes stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Cover and keep warm.
- Pancakes: Combine dry ingredients in bowl.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add milk,sour cream, and butter.
- Mix well.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto greased hot griddle or pan.
- Serve with blueberry topping.