- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 1 -2 tablespoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and water in a medium sized saucepan and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the blueberries and place the saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook the sauce until the liquid thickens and becomes clear.
- Taste to see if more sugar is needed and add more water if you want a thinner sauce.
- Stir in the vanilla extract, if using, and the lemon zest and juice.
- Taste and add more lemon juice if needed.
- Let cool and then cover and refrigerate.