Recipe by Chef Decadent1
This cake is so good....I lost this recipe and just found it again. This is by far the BEST blueberry recipe I have tasted. It is a beautiful loaf with a beautiful sauce.Pour yourself a cup of hot coffee or tea and ENJOY! Be prepared to give out copies of this recipe to all your friends and family. It is GOOD!!! Another great Taste of Home recipe.
Top Review by Charlotte J
Need your help, would you please zmail me? In blueberry sauce 1/2 cranberry juice concentrate what does this mean? 1/2 cup 1/2 of a frozen can of concentrate, and the concentrate is in what form a frozen can or jug of juice. I really want to make this so would you please help me out.
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup cranberry juice concentrate
- 6 cups blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in extracts. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking soda; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in blueberries.(you can use frozen but do not thaw).
- Spoon into 2 greased and waxed paper-lined 9X5x3 inch loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
- In a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and *cranberry juice concentrate until smooth.(I just used regular cranberry juice) Add blueberries. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve warm or cold with the pound cake.