Recipe by DuChick
Low fat and low sugar yumminess! Found in Diabetic Cooking magazine, we enjoy these not-too-sweet cake-like muffins with fresh blueberries. With just a hint of orange flavor, I think I'll add one teaspoon of orange zest next time. If you prefer a sweeter muffin, I'd suggest increasing the sugar to 1/2 cup. This recipe can make 6 jumbo muffins or 3 jumbo/ 6 regular or just 12 regular!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat milk (skim)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Grease (or line with cupcake liners) muffin pans. Set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Beat milk, butter, egg, orange juice concentrate and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture; mix lightly just until moistened. Stir in blueberries just until berries are evenly distributed.
- Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.