1/2 Photos of Blueberry Orange Muffins (Diabetic Friendly)
Low fat and low sugar yumminess! Found in Diabetic Cooking magazine, we enjoy these not-too-sweet cake-like muffins with fresh blueberries. With just a hint of orange flavor, I think I'll add one teaspoon of orange zest next time. If you prefer a sweeter muffin, I'd suggest increasing the sugar to 1/2 cup. This recipe can make 6 jumbo muffins or 3 jumbo/ 6 regular or just 12 regular!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup nonfat milk (skim)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1Preheat oven to 400*F. Grease (or line with cupcake liners) muffin pans. Set aside.
- 2Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in large bowl.
- 3Beat milk, butter, egg, orange juice concentrate and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended.
- 4Add milk mixture to flour mixture; mix lightly just until moistened. Stir in blueberries just until berries are evenly distributed.
- 5Fill prepared muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into centers comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Orange Muffins (Diabetic Friendly)
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.9
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 28.1 mg
- Sodium 266.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 3.1 g