Recipe by wife2abadge
I changed the original recipe a bit to make it a little healthier. This is a very moist and yummy bread.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons light butter, cut up
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 2⁄3 cup white sugar
- 8 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute, blend for baking
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, mix together flours, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; make a well in the center and set aside.
- Stir together the butter and boiling water til butter is melted and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg, sugar, Splenda, and orange juice and stir in butter mixture.
- Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into a baking pan (8x4x2-inch) that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes.
- Cool ten minutes.
- Remove loaf from pan and cool on wire rack.