Prep 11 mins
Cook 15 mins
Perfect combination--blueberries and oats. Nice for breakfast 8)
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup sour milk (cup milk & 1 TB vinegar)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F Grease muffins tins.
- In a small bowl, combine oats and sour milk; let stand.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, soda and brown sugar; stir well to blend.
- Add eggs and margarine to oat mixture. Mix well. Add wet ingredients at once to dry.
- Mix carefully, just until combined.
- Gently fold in berries. Fill muffin tins 3/4 full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
Very good recipe! You just need to make sure you cool the muffins in the pan a while before removing them...all those blueberries make them very moist and they can fall apart when they are hot! Healthy too...oatmeal and blueberries...nice fiber.
Delicious! These are amazing, I think I will make these my staple Blueberry Muffins! The only addition I made was a bit of cinnamon. They are very moist and not too sweet. Thank you for sharing!
The flavor was good. They were a bit flat, though. Maybe overmixed? They didn't rise as I would expect.