Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great Gift Idea For anyone on your list
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Combine all ingredients in a large airtight container.
- Store at room temperature until ready to use.
- Stir well before measuring for the muffin recipe.
- Yield:about 6 cups.
- Attach Recipe: Blueberry Muffins, 3 Cups Muffin Mix, 2 Tbsp Brown Sugar, 1 teas cinnamon, 1 1/4 Cups Fresh or Frozen Blueberries, 1 Cup Milk, 2 Eggs, 1/4 Cup Applesauce, 1 teas Vanilla Extract In a mixing bowl, combine first three ingredients.
- Stir in blueberries.
- In another bowl, beat milk, eggs, applesauce and vanilla.
- Stir into blueberry mixture just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- Bake at 425'F for 15-18 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- (Can substitute other kinds of berries for blueberries and/or add nuts.) Yield: about 1 dozen.
Well these were just wonderful. I substitued the blueberries for blackberries since I have blackberrie bushes growing in my back yard and always need to find recipes that will use them. They were just great and my 20 month old daughter just loved them.And they are pretty healthy to boot. I will be making them again.