1/3 Photos of Blueberry Lemon Loaf
Chef Gorete's Note:
A light and flavourful cake. I prefer my loaf plain, but I've included a glaze for anyone that likes glaze.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup butter, melted & cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
Optional Lemon Glaze
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 cup icing, sifted
- 1Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- 2Butter two 8 x 4 inch loaf pans and line the bottom and two long sides of the pans with parchment paper. I use one sheet and let it overhang a bit, then use the parchment to lift the loaf out of the pan when ready.
- 3In a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until mixed.
- 4In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt and stir with a fork.
- 5Add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, alternating with the milk. Mix just until combined.
- 6In the bowl that you mixed the flour in, add the blueberries, lemon zest and 4 tablespoons of flour, tossing gently until coated. The flour will help prevent the berries from sinking to the bottom.
- 7Carefully and quickly fold the berries into the batter, then divide the batter equally between the prepared pans.
- 8Bake in preheated oven for between 45 - 55 minutes, or until a cake taster inserted into the centre of the loafves comes out clean.
- 9Cool the loaves in the pan for 15 minutes, then remove from the pan using the parchment paper handles and let cool on a rack.
- 10LEMON GLAZE:.
- 11Combine the juice and icing sugar in a bowl and beat with a mixer until smooth. Drizzle the top of the cooled loaf with the glaze, letting it pour down the sides.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Lemon Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (1800 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2380.0
- Calories from Fat 701
- Total Fat 77.9 g
- Saturated Fat 45.1 g
- Cholesterol 551.8 mg
- Sodium 2276.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 387.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 216.8 g
- Protein 39.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: