Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A great Red, White and Blue recipe - I make this every Fourth of July. Use sugar-free Jello, fat-free cream cheese and light sour cream, if desired, to reduce calories.
- 2 (2 ounce) packages raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Pour into 12"x8"x2" dish. Add pineapple and blueberries. Chill or flash freeze until soft set. Combine cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth and creamy. Spread evenly over salad. Sprinkle nuts on top.
We enjoyed this cool dessert. I followed the recipe exactly as written.
This fruit and jello salad was the bomb. So much flavor and great textures. We really enjoyed the combination of blueberries and pineapple, they work really well together. The raspberry jello was a nice base for the other flavors and the topping was delicious, sweet, tart and tangy. Thanks for sharing a great recipe. Made for Pac Spring Safari 2013.