Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love blueberries!!! Summer has to be one of my favorite seasons...'cuz fresh fruit is so abundant in my area!!! I am always looking for new and exciting recipes for blueberries and this one fit in that catagory. Serve over cream cheese or along side chicken or pork. Watch the size of the chipotle chile if you don't like alot of heat....I added one large chili and that was plenty of heat for me!! (I know, I'm a wuss!!!)
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup granny smith apple, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons orange rind, grated
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo, chopped (about 2 chiles)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 25 minutes or until thick, stirring frequently.
- Cool; pour into airtight containers.
- Note: Refrigerate Blueberry-Chipotle Chutney in airtight containers up to two months.
- Or: Place the chutney in canning jars. This would produce 6 - 7 half pint jars.
Definitely will do this each year with our fresh picked blueberries. I used a different apple, subbed balsamic vgr and white wine for the white wine vgr, no mustard seeds so used dry mustard and thought it said pepper when I should have used ginger. Turned out great and is wonderful as a side with all kinds of meats.