Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe courtesy of Bon Appetit, July 2007.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more
- unsalted butter, for cooking
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 250°F
- Place baking sheet in oven.
- Whisk first 4 ingredients in large bowl.
- Whisk buttermilk, eggs, and 2 tablespoons butter in medium bowl; stir into dry ingredients.
- Fold in berries.
- Heat large nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat; brush with butter.
- Drop batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto griddle.
- Cook pancakes until brown, brushing griddle with more butter as needed, about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer to sheet in oven to keep warm.
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup.
These were a great treat last night for supper. My blueberries were kind-of big, so they had lots of berries in them. I made as is except I omitted the melted butter and used egg beaters. YUMMY!