Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Quick and easy as well as tasty Blueberry Bundt Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) box cream cheese
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box instant vanilla pudding
- 1 can blueberries, drained (save juice for icing)
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Mix cake mix, oil, eggs, cream cheese and vanilla pudding on medium speed (mixture will be very thick).
- Fold in blueberries; pour in Bundt cake pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until done.
- Icing: Mix blueberry juice and 2 cups confectioners sugar and pour over cake while hot.
Oh my, this cake was outstanding. I made it for a ladies brunch. It had an intense blueberry flavor. The texture of the cake was very, very moist and melt in your mouth delicious. I didn't measure the amount of blueberry juice I used for the glaze, I just added it in until I got the consistency I wanted. Turned out perfect. Thanks 1Steve.
A terrific and easy cake- I used tofutti cream cheese in place of the real thing, and it was delicious. Forget about making the frosting with the bluebery juice-there is too much juice and all that happens is that you get sugary blueberry juice. I used 2 cups powdered sugar and added a few tablespoons of blueberry juice to produce a wonderful glaze. I also made it with a dusting of powdered sugar.
I was trying to use up some blueberries I had in the freezer, and gave this recipe a test run. It was very good, and easy. I added about 1/8 cup of cake mix to the blueberries before mixing them in, so they wouldn't drop to the bottom of the pan. I also had to bake this for almost an hour, not the 30 minutes as posted. All in all, worthy of a repeat!