1/1 Photo of Blueberry Buckle (Vegan)
1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Haven't tried this yet, but I love blueberry buckles and this vegan version sounds delicious. Recipe suggestion is to serve with soy ice cream, if desired. Cooking time does not include allowing the baked buckle to cool before unmolding and serving, so allow some extra time. From VT July/August 2006
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 177.44 ml whole wheat pastry flour (or spelt flour)
- 78.07 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 2.46 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 59.16-88.74 ml canola oil
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease 9 inch springform pan and wrap bottom with foil.
- 3For Streusel: In bowl, combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Stir in oil 1 tablespoon at a time until the mixture looks crumbly. Set aside for later.
- 4For Cake: Sift flours and baking powder into a bowl.
- 5In a second bowl, whisk together syrup, oil, vanilla, and salt.
- 6Stir syrup mixture into flour mixture. Fold in the blueberries.
- 7Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle streusel over the top.
- 8Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9Cool 30 minutes on wire rack.
- 10Allow to cool 15 more minutes, unmold, and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Blueberry Buckle (Vegan)
Serving Size: 1 (115 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 296.5
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 224.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 22.5 g
- Protein 3.8 g