Recipe by Olha
This cakelike pudding is delectable with cream, whipped cream or ice cream. If you use frozen berries, thaw them on paper towels beforehand, and extend cooking time to 50 minutes.
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
- 1⁄3 cup butter (75 mL)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla (2 mL)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (5 mL)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (1 mL)
- 1⁄3 cup milk (75 mL)
- 3 cups fresh blueberries (750 mL)
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar (75 mL)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour (50 mL)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (2 mL)
- 2 tablespoons butter (25 mL)
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, cream together granulated sugar with butter; beat in egg and vanilla. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir half of the flour mixture into butter mixture; blend in milk and remaining flour mixture to make stiff batter.
- Spread batter in greased 8-inch (2 L) square cake pan. Cover evenly with blueberries.
- Topping: In small bowl, stir together brown sugar, flour and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over blueberries. Bake in 350°F (180°C) oven until crisp and browned on top and knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Serves 6-8.
- Canadian Living.