Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These moist and fruity muffins are delicious when served fresh out of the oven. I substitute mixed berries for the blueberries and go for less, if no, vegetable oil.
For the Muffins
- 3 bananas
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (or applesauce)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour, divided
- 3⁄4 cup blueberries
For the Crumb Topping
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons dairy-free margarine (or applesauce)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas with oil (or applesauce) and sugar and mix well.
- In a small bowl, sift salt, baking soda and 2 cups of the flour.
- Add the dry mixture to the banana mixture and stir by hand until the two are thoroughly combined. Fold in the berries.
- Pour the batter into lined muffin pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/2 cup flour, brown sugar and margarine (or applesauce). Stir until the mixture forms coarse crumbs then sprinkle onto muffins.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.