Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
It's great for a quick breakfast!
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon magic baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups bananas, mashed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries
- Combine first 5 ingrdients in a mixing bowl. Mix Well.
- Beat egg, banana and melted butter together.
- Add to dry ingredients until just blended. The batter should look lumpy.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Grease muffin tin. Fill muffin cups almost full.
- Bake at 375F for 20-25 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
This is a GREAT recipe! I had to tweak it to be healthier, but I'm sure it would be just as good (or better) with the original ingredients. We don't like our muffins too sweet, so I cut that amount to 2/3 cup using 1/3 cup sugar and 1/3 cup Splenda. I also used 1/2 cup natural applesauce in place of the butter. I rarely can tell any difference in baked goods when I make this substitution. We loved the flavor and the texture of these easy to put together muffins. I made 6 regular-size and 3 jumbo. MERP'd for Bargain Basement tag.