Recipe by *Z*
I love this bread. It doesn't have any bisquik in it. It's just very tasty. I got it published in a fundraising cookbook and have alot of people tell me how good it is. You could make it in a bundt pan as well, just adjust the time. I have never been able to wait until it is completely cool before I eat it. Total recipe time does not include time to cool.
Top Review by Allybee Z
I love banana bread! And adding blueberries was such a good idea. This bread taste great, but the bottom of the loves started to get too brown from being on the lowest oven rack so moved them. Also used buttermilk instead of yogurt and cooked for 55 min total.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups very ripe bananas, mashed (about 3)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk or 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup frozen blueberries (no need to thaw)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put oven rack on lowest position.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease bottom only of two loaf pans.
- Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
- Stir in eggs until well blended.
- Stir in bananas, buttermilk OR yogurt and vanilla.
- Beat until smooth.
- Stir in flour, baking soda, and salt until just moistened.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Divide batter evenly between the two loaf pans.
- Bake 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan.
- Loosen sides and remove bread from pans.
- Cool completely before slicing, about 2 hours.