Recipe by InnerHarmonyNutrition
This cheesecake is very light because ricotta cheese has less calories, carbs and fat compared to cream cheese. In addition, it contains more minerals. Lemon and blueberries bring extra fresh taste to this cheesecake. For more healthy, gluten-free recipes, please visit my blog, www.innerharmonynutrition.com.
- 1⁄3 cup gluten-free oats, ground
- 1⁄3 cup almond meal (or almond slices ground in food processor)
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar (or other natural sugar)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons butter or 2 1⁄2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup coconut sugar (or other natural sugar)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 16 ounces organic ricotta cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix ground oats, almond meal and 1 Tbsp sugar in a bowl.
- Add melted butter or coconut oil and mix well.
- Press onto the bottom of a 7-inch springform pan and keep the pan in the freezer.
- Separate eggs into two bowls. Whip egg whites until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- Zest a lemon and then cut the lemon in half and juice it.
- Preheat oven to 325°F/165°C degrees.
- In another bowl, mix egg yolks, sugar, and almond extract.
- Add ricotta cheese, and lemon zest and juice and mix well.
- Fold in the egg whites and mix gently. Fold in blueberries and mix gently again.
- Bake in the oven for 80 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform, infuse love, and serve!