Nicole's Italian Ricotta Cheesecake
photo by The Miserable Gourm
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2 lbs whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon anise
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- In a mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar until combined.
- Add ricotta cheese and sour cream and whip until smooth.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla and anise extract.
- Slowly add in flour and mix well at high speed three minutes.
- Pour into a greased and floured spring form pan.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake one hour until set and starting to brown.
- Toothpick will come out clean when inserted in center.
- Cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I grew up in New Jersey with an Italian mother, and Ukranian father. Needless to say I developed a love for a wide variety of foods! I love the Polish Ukranian influence my paternal side brought forth, as well as the traditional Italian cuisine from my mother's side of the family. For me, I have a passion for chocolate and desserts! I always use real butter, rich cream, sugar, and real vanilla, but I understand why we substitute them, and believe all of my recipes fare well with the substitutions, if you choose to do so. I only use salt in my potatoes, so don't expect to see too much of it in any of my recipes!Every recipe I publish has been time tested, and tasted, and raved about! So I guarantee, you'll be happy with every one you try! Thanks for visiting! I hope you come back again!