Italian Ricotta Cheesecake
photo by barbara_allen3
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- Crust-sprinkle bottom of greased 9-inch springform pan evenly with ground pecans; set aside.
- Filling-In a large mixer bowl, beat ricotta cheese and sugar on med-high speed for 3 minutes.
- Add flour and mix for about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add almond extract.
- Pour batter over crust.
- Bake in a preheated 325° oven for 55-65 minutes or until the top is light brown and the center has a slight jiggle to it.
- Cool on a rack for 2 hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before decorating.
- Topping: after cake has chilled, dust top with a sprinkling of powdered sugar.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this recipe yesterday and it was amazing! It is my new favorite cheesecake because it is much lighter and not as sweet as most of the other cheesecakes I've had. I also like the ground pecan crust and the almond extract really makes it different. I followed the recipe except I topped mine with melted dark chocolate (per my daughter's request). In addition this was the easiest cheesecake recipe I have ever made!