Ginger and Honey Cheesecake
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In '125 Best Cheesecakes' by George Geary
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups gingersnap crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons minced candied ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- whipped cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Crust-in a bowl, mix cookie crumbs and butter; press into the bottom of a 9-inch greased springform pan and freeze.
- Filling-in a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream on med-high for 3 minutes.
- Mix in flour, brown sugar, and honey until well blended, about 2 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add candied ginger, ground ginger, and cinnamon.
- Pour batter over crust.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 55-65 minutes or until the top is light brown and the center has a slight jiggle to it.
- Cool on a rack for 2 hours.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours before decorating and serving.
- Pipe whipped cream around border of cheesecake; sprinkle with ground ginger and cinnamon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION