Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
With blueberry season just around the corner, I will be making this one soon! I have a friend who has a blueberry farm, so I like to find interesting recipes to try, then pass on to her. I am thinking this could be used over ice cream or made into blueberry martinis
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 15 juniper berries, crushed
- 1 (4 inch) rosemary sprigs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh blueberries
- 1⁄4 cup dry gin
- Boil water, sugar, juniper berries, rosemary, and a pinch of salt in a small saucepan, stirring until sugar has dissolved, until reduced to about 3/4 cup, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Put blueberries in a heatproof bowl and strain syrup through a sieve over berries. Stir in gin. Macerate until completely cooled, about 30 minutes.
- •Juniper berries can be found in the spice section of your supermarket.
- •Syrup can be used without gin if desired.
- •Blueberries can be macerated in syrup with gin, chilled, up to 1 day.