Recipe by grandma2969
This is a great taste with blueberries and rhubarb combined..If making for gifts, be sure to save some for yourself
Top Review by CherylForshner
I bought a jar of this type of jam years ago while travelling & have never been able to find a recipe....THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! This is even better than the stuff I bought so long ago. I just made 2 batches today..... only note I have to add is...In Canada Certo comes in crystals & liquid pouches....after phoning Certo they informed me that an 8 oz bottle is the equivelant of 2 - 85 ml pouches. This recipe is now in my yearly to make book. Thank you again. :-)
- 3 cups fresh rhubarb, finely chopped
- 3 cups fresh blueberries, crushed
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Certo
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine fruits in large heavy saucepan.
- Add sugar and mix well.
- Place over high heat in a large heavy pan. Bring to a full boil and boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add pectin. Stir and skim for 6-7 minutes.
- Freeze or can in hot sterile jars.
- Makes 8-9 half pints.