Fresh Raspberry Freezer Jam
Raspberries are my favorite for jam next to blueberries. By making the freezer jam you will think you are eating fresh raspberries all year because they are not cooked. Yummy! NOTE: Do not use a sugar substitute and do not reduce the sugar as it won't set right.
- Ready In:
- 2 pints raspberries, to make 2 cups of crushed berries
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) envelope Certo
- Wash and rinse containers (make sure they are sterile).
- Prepare the berries crushing one cup at a time using a potato masher.
- Measure exact amount of berries and juice and place in a large bowl.
- Measure the exact amount of sugar (no sugar substitutes) and stir into the prepared fruit; mix well and let stand for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While waiting, in a small bowl, stir the Certo fruit pectin into the lemon juice.
- After the 10 minutes has gone by with the berries, stir the pectin mixture into the prepared fruit.
- Stir constantly until sugar is completely dissolved and no longer grainy--about 4 minutes (a few sugar crystals may remain--it's O.K.).
- Pour into prepared containers, leaving a 1/2" space at the top for expansion during the freezing; cover.
- Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours till set.
- You may store in the refrigerator for about 3 weeks or store in the freezer for up to one year; thaw in the refrigerator.