Top Review by AliBrooklynBaker
Love this pie. Minimal spices so it's a very "fresh", light taste. It calls for so many apples, I wasn't sure they would all fit in the pan but of course it cooked down and was wonderful. Will definitely make this again! Thanks for a great recipe!
- 1892.72 ml peeled & cored thinly sliced apples
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 29.58 ml flour
- 22.18 ml cornstarch
- 0.59 ml salt
- 29.58 ml butter
- 9 inch double crust pie crusts, unbaked
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat apple slices with lemon juice.
- Combine sugar, spices, flour, cornstarch and salt in a large zip-loc bag.
- Add apples and shake bag until thoroughly coated.
- Immediately, put coated apples into prepared pie crust.
- Dot with butter.
- Cover with top crust.
- Crimp edges to seal and cut vent holes into crust.
- Brush with milk and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake at 425°F for 15 minutes, reduce temperature to 350°F and continue baking for 45 minutes or until golden brown.